PLEASE REVIEW THIS AND POLICY. YOUR ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF THE SITE CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF, AND CONSENT TO BE BOUND BY, THIS POLICY. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT AND CONSENT TO BE BOUND BY THIS POLICY, THEN YOU MUST NOT USE THE SITE.
We may change this Policy from time to time by posting a revised Policy on the Site. Any such changes will not apply to any dispute between you and us arising prior to the date on which we posted the revised Policy incorporating such changes.
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you use the Site, we may collect certain information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual (“Personal Information”).
Categories of Personal Information: The categories of Personal Information we may collect include:
- Internet activity, such as your browsing activity on the Site, your IP address, and cookie. This information is collected automatically.
- Regarding your IP address, this is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Site, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Site. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
With respect to job applicants, our employees, and independent contractors who use the Site (“Candidates”), we collect the following categories of information from you:
- Identifiers, such as your name and contact information
- Information contained in your resume
With respect to individuals who are clients or prospective clients of Rise Education who use the Site (“Customers”) and any corporation, partnership or other entity on behalf of which a Customer is using the Site, (collectively also referred to as “you” and “your”), we collect the following categories of Personal Information from you:
- Identifiers such as your name, business phone number, and work email
- Professional or employment-related information such as your company/school name, department, and job title
- RISE EDUCATION’S USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We specify below the commercial purposes for which we use Personal Information. We use Personal Information to provide you with information regarding job opportunities, to manage our relationship with you, to develop and carry out marketing activities, and to otherwise provide you with requested information or services. We may from time to time use your Personal Information to send you messages or marketing materials regarding our services, including employment information. We may also use Personal Information for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, protecting the Site from abuse, and improving our services.
In addition to the above purposes, we use your information as described in the section below titled “DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION”.
- SALES PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell any of your Personal Information
- DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
For business and commercial purposes, Rise Education may disclose to third parties the following categories of Personal Information:
- Identifiers such as your name and email address
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or Federal law such as gender
- Internet or other electronic activity information such as network activity information or information obtained from your device like browsing history on the Site, IP address, and search history on the Site.
- Professional, career, or employment-related information
- Education information
Rise Education may disclose such Personal Information to the following categories of third parties:
- Customers and Prospective Customers. Customers and prospective customers may request professional and employment-related information for purposes of evaluating a Candidate’s credentials, skills and experience.
- We may share Personal Information of our Customers or prospective customers to Candidates such as when a Candidate must know information about whom to contact when going on an interview or to a job with a Customer or prospective customer.
- As required or appropriate by law. We may disclose Personal Information to regulatory authorities, government authorities or courts to comply with applicable laws, the service of legal process, or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law requiring such disclosure; (b) protect the rights or property of Rise Education or its affiliated companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of the users or the public.
- Business transfers. We also may disclose or transfer information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- COLLECTION AND USE OF OTHER INFORMATION
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. We may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device. We use this information to ensure that the Site functions properly.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of Site users and email recipients, market our services to you, measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about Site usage and response rates.
- Using Cookies:
Cookies cannot spread viruses or harm your computer. With respect to how long a cookie stays on your computer or mobile device, some cookies are session cookies that expire once you close your browser while others are persistent cookies which stay on your device until you delete them or they expire.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us.
- CHOICES RELATING TO RECEIVING EMAIL FROM US
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by using the mechanism contained in each such email.
- DATA RETENTION
We keep your Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include (i) for as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you; (ii) as required by a legal obligation to which we are subject to; or (iii) as advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard of applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations).
We may delete Personal Information for inactive accounts from our database, subject to any applicable legal or regulatory obligations. Furthermore, we may delete Personal Information from our database at any time and without providing any reason.
- USE OF SITES BY CHILDREN
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 16 years old and we do not “sell” or “share,” as those terms are defined under CCPA/CPRA (defined below), the Personal Information of children under 16 years old. If we become aware that we have received or collected Personal Information about a child under 16 years old, we will delete that Personal Information as soon as possible.
- JURISDICTIONAL ISSUES
The Site is controlled and operated by us from the United States and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States.
- CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident, you have the right, subject to certain exceptions detailed in the California Consumer Privacy Act, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CCPA/CPRA”) and other applicable laws and regulations, to:
- request deletion of your Personal Information; however, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we may be required to retain some of your Personal Information, and certain Personal Information is strictly necessary for us to fulfill the purposes described in this Policy;
- if we maintain any inaccurate information about you, request correction of that inaccurate Personal Information;
- for sensitive Personal Information that we collect, request that we limit our use of your sensitive Personal Information to that use which is necessary to perform the services or provide the goods reasonably expected by an average consumer who requests such goods or services and as otherwise authorized under applicable laws;
- request information about the Personal Information about you that we have disclosed for a business purpose and the categories of persons to whom it was disclosed for a business purpose;
- request information about the Personal Information about you that we have “sold” or “shared” (as such terms is defined under CCPA/CPRA) and the categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold or shared; and
- opt-out of the “sale” or “sharing” of your Personal Information (as such terms is defined under applicable California laws), if applicable. As mentioned, we have not sold any of your Personal Information. To opt out of “sharing” of your personal information, please contact us.
Exercising Your California Consumer Rights. If you would like to exercise of any of your rights detailed above, you may do so in any of the following ways:
- Call us at the number listed on the home page of this Site.
You will not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your rights under the CCPA. In order to verify your request, you will need to provide your legal first and last name, email address you use to correspond with Rise Education, your relationship with Rise Education, and the state you currently reside in.
Access to Policy in Alternative Formats. Individuals who need assistance accessing this Policy in an alternative format can do so by contacting Rise Education at the number listed on the home page of this Site.